Any orders placed for these keyboard kits are as a pre-order for when they become available.
We need to have a minimum number of kits pre-sold to enable us to order the minimum pieces (10k) of the key switches used in these kits.
There will be an approximate lead time of 2 months once we have enough kit orders.
By placing a pre-order and assisting us to get the key switches ordered you will be getting the kit (when it is ready to ship) at a 5% discount.
If we are unable to receive enough pre-orders to go ahead within 1 month, your purchase will be refunded and order cancelled.
Love your old Microbee, but have non-functional keys on the keyboard?
With these keyboard replacement kits you can now refurbish your Microbee and have a fully functional keyboard (that will last).
The kits include:
* Keyboard frame adapter plate : Sits on top of the original keyboard frame to adapt it to the smaller form factor key switches.
* Keyboard PCB : a complete PCB that sits under the original keyboard frame that the new key switches solder in to.
* Key switches : The same ones used in the Premium Plus model.
* Mounting screws etc : to attach the keyboard frame adapter plate to the original keyboard frame.
* Pin strip : 0.1" pin strip to cut up into individual pins that help support the Keyboard PCB and connect it to the baseboard.
* Switching Regulators : These are small TO-220 shaped 7805 regulator replacements that will solder directly to the baseboard and run cooler.
Note that these kits do NOT include key caps. The key switches have a shaft that is compatible with the original key caps, so the expense of having to have another set of key caps made is avoided.
Replacing the whole keyboard is quite a task, involving removing all the original key switches & regulators and contructing the replacement keyboard arrangement. It will take approx 3-4 hrs and you need reasonable soldering / desoldering skills.
Product Code: KBRep-Prem-Kit
Manufacturer: Microbee Technology Pty Ltd